A poetic Christmas card








This isn't one of mine - I found it on 'The Poke'  and loved the humour of it! I just wanted to wish a very happy year-end festival to all my friends and followers wherever you are and whatever you believe.  I'm an aetheist, but was brought up in a Christian culture and I love the seasonal festivals with all their undertones of an older religion rooted in nature and mythology.  I celebrate the things that we share with all other world religions - the idea of hope, symbolised by the returning light after winter darkness, the birth of a child, the importance of kindness to all living things, and the delight in rituals and ceremonies that bring us together with others.  May 2017 be filled with light, friendship and kindness.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts